Please do not take any questions from this quiz and place them on another site or offer them to trivia sites. Thanks.
Midi plays once! If you want to hear it hit play on the player on the left.
Holly Jolly for the Brilliant Big Kids
The "Ho! Ho! Ho!" Game
Brownielocks and The Three bears
Something to keep the kids busy and their mind off presents on Christmas Day, to change the subject of conversation among the relatives or to just add to your Christmas fun!
This page loads a bit slower than the other trivia page because we designed it with answer buttons on each question.
HOW TO PLAY
can print out the questions and write down your answers. Then come back and
check the "ANSWERS" given in the "Ho" buttons at the end
to see how many you got correct.
Or, if you wish to, just play along at the computer.
At the end of every question, just put your mouse over the "Ho Ho" box and the answer will appear.
every answer you get right,
give yourself a "HO".
the end of the game, see how many "Ho Ho Ho's" you & the others
Of course the more Ho's the merrier!
Then EVERYONE has to say all their "Ho's" outloud!!
Or just sit at the computer and "Ho, Ho, Ho" to yourself
because you're so smart. :)
100 CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS
TOUGH AND FOR THE
BEST & BRIGHTEST CHRISTMAS ENTHUSIASTS!
(I'm staring you with an easy one to build confidence.)
1. What Christmas has this lyric in it? "He got into a drifted bank, and then we got upsot!"
2. Which European country
revised kissing under the mistletoe tradition?
3. What M*A*S*H star portrayed Grace Bradley in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever?"
4. In the movie "Babe," what gift do Farmer Hoggett and his wife get from their son for Christmas?
5. In the movie "White Christmas" where did they hide all the General's suits on Christmas Eve?
6. In what direction does the Star lead the 3 kings?
7. In the movie, "Going My Way" what was the name of the church?
8. Who was in office during Christmas 1989?
9. According to Dickens, just how dead was Marley?
10. Using frosting, what symbol is drawn on the Christmas loaf of bread in Greece?
11. What song begins, "Maybe it's much too early in the game?"
12. What Christmas song is Nat King Cole best remembered for?
13. What two reindeer are mentioned in the song, "Here Comes Santa Clause?"
14. In what city did John Denver open his "Rocky Mountain Christmas"?
What is the name of Scrooge's one-time fiancè? Hint: It begins with a B.
Who hit, "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" was number one on the
Country charts during Christmas 1973?
In "A Charlie Brown Christmas" who plays the dusty innkeeper in their
18. What Chicago museum features Christmas trees from around the world?
19. In "The Chipmunk Song" what is Alvin scolded for?
20. What Mel Gibson police thriller opens with the song,"Jingle Bell Rock"?
21. What fabric was Frosty's hat made of?
22. What are little fires or candles in paper bags called?
23. What is the name of the last ghost in "A Christmas Carol?"
24. Jingle Bells chime in Jingle Bells time in what song?
25. What are the 2 names of the town in "It's a Wonderful Life?"
What men's grooming appliance became a sled for Santa in commercials of the
1960's. (Psst. They replay these some years now also so you might see
27. What Apollo Mission sent a Christmas broadcast message to Earth in 1968?
28. Who wrote "The Fir Tree?"
29. What are tiny, inexpensive gifts commonly called?
30. What is Andy William's Christmas classic?
31. The symbols Ag and Au give rich meaning to what song?
32. What song contains the line, "Jack Frost nipping at your nose?"
33. How many candles are their on an Advent wreath?
34. How many horses pull the sleigh in "Jingle Bells?"
35. What term is used when a tree is sprayed with artificial snow?
36. What type of poultry does Scrooge send to Bob Cratchit on Christmas?
37. In "the Friendly Beast" what is the first animal to speak?
38. Who comes home to Atlanta for Christmas in "Gone With the Wind?"
39. When were Joseph, Mary and Jesus to return to Israel?
40. What song in "Going My Way" won an Academy Award?
41. What country started the gift exchange tradition?
42. In "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" what biological condition made the Grinch so mean?
43. What carol contains the line "Love and joy come to you"?
44. What Nobel Prize winner + Egyptian President was born 12/25/1918?
45. What NFL "snake" wa born 12/25/1946?
46. Who meets Santa Claus in "Little House on the Prairie?"
47. What historical Washington DC building was 2/3 destroyed by fire on 12/24/1851?
48. In what ocean are the Australian controlled Christmas Islands?
49. How many times does Santa say "Ho?"
50. In "the Night Before Christmas, where did they hand the stockings?
51. Who wrote the music for "The Nutcracker"?
52. What color is Santa's belt?
53. How many Christmases does Margaret Mitchell write about in "Gone With the Wind?"
54. Who wrote "A holiday for Murder?"
55. How many points are there on a Christmas star?
56. On St. Nicholas Day 1933, what could be bought legally?
57. How big is the voice in "do you hear what I hear?"
58. New Year's 1973 was the final publication of what 36 year old magazine?
59. What kind of cap does Santa Wear?
60. What two gospels tell the best and most complete biblical Christmas story?
61. What do most elves wear on their shoes?
62. This most popular Christmas toy in 1983-1985 were unique and no two were exactly alike.
63. What is the MOST expensive ingredient in the fruitcake made in "A Christmas Memory?"
64. How many maids-a-milking did my true love give to me?
65. Name the 3 kings.
66. What is considered the ideal Christmas tree?
67. What did cartoonist Thomas Nast contribute to the story of Santa Clause?
68. Symbolically what do the red holly berries represent?
69. What popular American Greaser starred in 1979's "An American Christmas Carol?"
70. What religion is featured in "Going My Way?"
71. How much does Della get for her hair in "The Gift of the Magi?"
72. Which Scot's poet wrote the words to "Auld Lang Syne?"
73. In "Going My Way" what did Father Charles O'Malley's friends call him?
74. What Saturday Evening Post artists was known for his whimsical Santa pictures?
75. What happend to Pope Gregory VII while saying mass on Christmas Day?
76. In "Miracle on 34th Street" what does Susan teach Kris to do?
77. "I heard the bells on Christmas Day" was based on a poem written during which American war?
78. Who were the two male co-stars in "White Christmas?"
79. In the song "Winterwonderland" the lovestruck couple pretend the snow man is who?
80. What city merged with New York City on New Year's Eve 1898 to form the official city of New York?
81. What country singer born on Christmas day was cool before country?
82. What symbollically does the "X" represent in Xmas?
83. What furry substance is often hung on Christmas trees?
84. What US City celebrates Christmas with "100 Neediest Cases" Drive?
85. Who wrote, 'The Night Before Christmas?"
86. What kidnapped author wrote "Christmas at Sea?"
87. In 1980 on the day after Christmas, 52 of these offered holiday greetings to their families.
88. In what state does most of the movie "White Christmas" take place?
89. In what European country does the "Nutcracker" unfold?
90. Merkel Landis started what annual banking event?
91. What folk song is also known as "What Child is This?"
92. What revolutionary hero and silversmith was born on Christmas day 1735?
93. In "A Charlie Brown Christmas" what color of tree was Charlie Brown suppose to buy?
94. Who, while severing as Lord Protector in England, banned Christmas?
95. There is really a plant called The Christmas Weed? True or False?
96. How many ghosts actually visited Scrooge?
97. In what country does "Amahl and the Night Visitors" take place?
98. What US City always lights their Christmas tree on the Elipse?
99. What Association sponsors Christmas Seals?
100. What catalog company had it's first catalog available for Christmas 1872?
Visit all our Christmas Trivia or Game Pages:
Christmas Carols Word Find Puzzle
Christmas Carols Cross Word Puzzle Trivia Fun!
Christmas Carols Match Game
Christmas Carol Picture Quiz
Christmas Trivia for the Holly Jolly Brilliant
Christmas Carol Trivia
Christmas Carol Cryptic Quiz
Christmas Trivia Fun for Family & Friends
with the Trivia Game? Feel like singing?
Here are the lyrics to our midi "Holly Jolly Christmas"
a holly jolly Christmas,
It's the best time of the year.
I don't know if there'll be snow,
But have a cup of cheer.
a holly jolly Christmas,
And when you walk down the street,
Say hello to friends you know
And everyone you meet.
ho, the mistletoe
Hung where you can see.
Somebody waits for you.
Kiss her once for me.
a holly jolly Christmas
And in case you didn't hear,
Oh, by golly have a holly, jolly
Christmas this year!
people think that Burl Ives wrote this song because his version is the most
Actually, "A Holly Jolly Christmas" was written my Johnny Marks, born in Mt. Vernon, NY 1909.
He is not known as a composer, but more as a radio producer. He produced shows overseas
during World War II. He died in New York City in 1985.
I briefly met Burl Ives when I lived in Santa Barbara, CA. Although he has also passed away,
his holly jolly voice through this song will forever bring Christmas cheer to millions.
tried to choose questions for ALL AGES and in a variety of categories so that
everyone has a chance to get some Ho's for the holidays! :)
These are just some of the questions taken from "Tis The Season Christmas Trivia" by Debco, Inc.
Downers Grove, IL 60516 Copyright 1988, 1993, 1996 To purchase the game, visit ChristmasFunGames.com
However, I've reworded many questions just in case you already have the game. ;)