Brownielocks and The 3 Bears
Our 2008 Halloween Costumes as Fairy Tale Characters
Brownielocks is Beauty from "Beauty and The Beast"
MaMa Bear (Brenda) is Little Red Riding Hood.
PaPa Bear (Barney) is Jack from "Jack and The Beanstalk"
Baby Bear (Billy) is Geppeto from "Pinnochio"
(Please do not steal this for your site. It took a lot of work to research all of t his.)
The answer to the question is embedded in our warty Frog Prince .
Put your cursor over the frog (or one of his warts) and the answer will appear. This is not a link button!
NOTE: All the questions are based on the original fairytales by The Brother's Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen. They are not based on any Walt Disney movies or animations.
IF YOU ARE BLOCKING POP-UP ADS, etc.
THIS WILL BLOCK MY ANSWERS FROM SHOWING ALSO!
1. In "Hansel and Gretel", what occupation was their father?
(c) Wood Cutter
2. In "The Little Match Girl", on what day did she die?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) New Year's Eve
(c) New Years Day
(d) We don't know the day.
3. In "The Ugly Duckling" what kind of an egg was he thought to be?
(a) Ostrich egg
(b) Turkey egg
(c) Chicken egg
(d) They didn't know. It was one ugly egg!
the story of "The Red Shoes" , the shoemaker's wife first made
her a pair of red shoes out of what material?
5. In "Thumbelina" how tall is she?
(a) 1/2 inch
(b) 1 inch
(c) 1.5 inches
(d) They don't say in the story. Just that it's a thumb's length.
6. In the
"Bremen Town-Musicians" what instrument did the Donkey say he'd
play when they got to Bremen?
7. In the story of "The Princess and The Pea" how many mattresses did she sleep on?
8. In the story of "The Golden Goose" how many people were stuck to the goose as they all went running behind Dummling?
9. In the story of "One-eyes, Two-eyes and Three-eyes", who was the one who got picked on by the others?
(d) Their mother
10. In "The Emperor's New Clothes" what excuse did the weaving con artists tell the king and his court for not seeing the fake material and clothing?
(a) That only
those who are unfit for a high office or are simpletons can't see it.
(b) That only those who are not brave or wise can't see it.
(c) That only those who are not common or lacking dignity can't see it.
(d) All of these.
11. In the
story of "Cinderella" what color was the dress that the birds threw to
(c) Gold and Silver
12. In the story
of "Rumplestiltskin" what occupation was the girl's father who had to
weave straw into gold?
13. In "Snow White and The 7 Dwarfs" what ore would they mine in the mountains near their home?
14. In the story
of "Little Red Riding Hood" what did her mother put in her basket to
bring to Grandma?
(a) Apples and Wine
(b) Nuts and Apples
(c) Cake and Wine
(d) Cake and Apples
15. In the story of "Hansel and Gretel" what did Hansel throw down to mark their way home the first time they were led into the forest?
(a) White pebbles
(b) White shells
(c) White mushrooms
(d) White wood chips
16. In "The Little Match Girl" what vision did she see when she lite the 3rd match?
(b) Warm Bed
(c) Her father
(d) Christmas tree
"The Red Shoes" where did Karen first wear her new red shoes that the
shoemaker's wife made her?
(a) To a dance
(b) To her mother's funeral
(c) To a party
(d) Just walked around town in them
"Thumbelina" what type of flower did she come out of?
(d) They don't tell us.
19. In "The Bremen Town-Musicians" what was the cock suppose to do when they got to Bremen?
(a) Play the
(b) Play a harp
(c) Gather the money tossed to them
20. In "One-eyes, Two-eyes and Three-eyes" what kind of animal was Two-eyes pet?
21. In "The Emperor's New Clothes" what did the emperor do to the fake weavers?
(a) He gave them
a lot of gold
(b) He knighted them
(c) He gave them land
(d) He gave them jewels
22. Cinderella's shoes were what?
23. How many days did the Miller's daughter have to come up with Rumplestiltskin's name?
(a) 1 day
(b) 3 Days
(c) 1 week
(d) By the child's next birthday
24. In "Little Red Riding Hood" there was another wolf that came along later and wanted to eat Red and Grandma. How did they get rid of him?
(a) Grandma fed
him poisonous food
(b) They tricked him and made him fall off the roof
(c) Grandma made sausages and poured the juice in the moat outside.
(d) They tricked him and he fell into the oven.
25. In "Beauty and The Beast" the Beast gave a magic mirror to her so that she could do what?
(a) See how
handsome he really was when his image was reflected in it.
(b) See how ugly her heart was when she looked in the mirror.
(c) See her family that she missed.
(d) See her future with him thus persuading her to marry him.
26. The "Ugly Duckling" was really not a duck but what?
(a) A Turkey
(b) A Swan
(c) An Ostrich
(d) A Goose
"The Emperor's New Clothes" who was it that was honest and spoke up
that the Emperor was really naked?
(a) The royal priest
(b) The town drunk
(c) A little child
(d) No one. It was the entire crowd that laughed!
28. In "Cinderella" how many balls did she go to?
29. In the story of "The Red Shoes" how did Karen get the shoes to stop from making her dance all the time?
took them off and burnt them.
(b) She had an executioner cut her feet off (with the shoes on).
(c) She jumped into a lake and started swimming
(d) She did nothing until they just wore out.
30. In the story of "Rapunzel", the prince noticed she was in the tower because...
(a) Of her long
hair dangling out the window
(b) He could hear her crying
(c) He could hear her singing
(d) He saw others hanging around.
31. In the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" the first wolf does swallow both Red and Grandma whole. But, they don't die. How come?
(a) A huntsman
kills the wolf and cuts open his belly and they both come out alive.
(b) The wolf chokes and ends up throwing them up
(c) They kick and punch him from the inside and he dies and they escape through his mouth
(d) The wolf drinks the wine in the basket, gets sick and throws them up.
32. Did the Donkey, Hound, Cat and Cock ever make it Bremen?
33. In the story of "Goldilocks", what kind of food was MaMa Bear cooling off for them to eat later while they took a trip over to visit their friends the Beavers?
(c) Honey Donuts
(d) Honey Custard
34. In the
story of "The Piped Piper" what was the Piper's fee for getting rid of
(a) 1,000 Florin
(b) 50 Lira
(c) 50,000 pounds
(d) 10,000 Deutch Marks
35. In the story of "Pinocchio" Giovanni gave Pinocchio 5 gold coins to bring back to his master, Geppeto so he could buy what for himself?
(b) More Wood
(c) Pay his taxes
(d) A Coat
36. In the story of "Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs" the Queen first tried to kill Snow White how?
(a) Pushing her
off a cliff
(b) Making her choke on some candy
(c) Tightening the stays in her dress so much she couldn't breathe
(d) Poison mushrooms
37. In the story of "One-eyes, Two-eyes and Three-eyes", what happened after they buried the goat's entrails?
(a) It became a
tree with gold apples and silver leaves
(b) It turned the ground red and a witch came out
(c) It made a giant hole in the ground, creating a secret passage.
(d) It became a fountain of wine.
38. In the story of "The Princess and The Pea" what happened to the pea?
(a) It was put in
(b) It was thrown into the sea
(c) It was boiled in water and made into a magical tea
(d) No one knows what happened to the pea.
39. In the
story of "Thumbelina" who fell in love with her?
(a) A Spider
(b) A Mole
(c) A Kitten
(d) A Bird
40. After Hansel and Gretel killed the witch, what did they do?
(a) They ran back
to their father's house
(b) They stayed a while and finished eating the gingerbread house she lived in
(c) They stole the witches' pearls and jewels to bring back home.
(d) Once the furnace had died down, they buried her ashes.
41. In the
story of "Rapunzel" the prince got blinded by thorns and thistles when
he was leaving the tower in despair because Rapunzel was gone. Later on,
he found her and what did Rapunzel do to heal his eyes so the prince could see
(a) She kissed them
(b) She rubbed them with a magical oil
(c) She rubbed her hair on them
(d) She cried on them
"Rumplestiltskin" , what does the Miller's Daughter first give him to
spin straw into gold?
(a) A Necklace
(b) A Ring
(c) A kiss
(d) None of these
43. In the story of "Cinderella" how did the step-sisters get punished for being so mean to Cinderella?
(a) They became
servants in the castle
(b) They were forbidden to ever marry
(c) They had their eyes plucked out by pigeons
(d) They lived forever in less luxury while Cinderella lived in the castle
Spirit of the Flowers gave a new name to Thumbelina. What was it?
45. In "The
Little Match Girl" what vision did she see when she struck the 4th match?
(a) Her Grandmother
(b) Her Mother
(c) Her Father
(d) An Angel
46. When Snow
White died, what material did the 7 Dwarfs make her coffin out of?
47. The piped piper's pipe was what?
(d) The finest wood in the land.
48. When Pinocchio lied to the Fairy, his nose grew. When he confessed to lying, how did the Fairy make Pinocchio's nose back to normal?
(a) She filed it
with a golden file
(b) She rubbed it with her wings
(c) She sprinkled it with her fairy dust
(d) None of these
49. After marrying the prince, Rapunzel gave birth to:
(c) Twins = 2 boys
(d) Twins = 1 boy, 1 girl
50. In the story of "The 3 Little Pigs" how did the wolf get into the brick house?
(a) He went down
(b) He smashed in the front door
(c) He smashed in the back door
(d) He never made it into the house
51. In the
story of "The Golden Goose" what did Dummling do that allowed him to
marry the king's daughter?
(a) He made her laugh
(b) He gave her the golden goose
(c) He gave her 1 dozen golden eggs
(d) He just woed her
52. What did the Pied Piper do when the King paid him 50 florins (who originally promised him 10,000 florins) wouldn't even pay him his 1,000 florins fee for getting rid of the rats?
(a) He burnt the
(b) He stole their children
(c) He put a curse on the King
(d) He brought the rats back
53. What was Thumbelina's favorite gift given to her by the Lords and Ladies who were in the white flowers after she said she'd marry the Prince of the Flowers?
(a) Song -
she had a lovely voice
(b) Beauty - she was the loveliest in all the field
(c) Wings - she could now fly from flower to flower
(d) All of these
54. In the story
of "Jack and The Beanstalk," how many magic beans did Jack trade for
(c) A Handful
(d) One bag
55. In the story of "The Elves and The Shoemaker" what did the shoemaker's wife do for the elves (who made the shoes while they slept) to thank them?
(a) She cooked
them a breakfast of oatmeal
(b) She knitted them sweaters
(c) She made them jackets
(d) She gave them each a shiny sixpence
56. In the story of "Alibaba and the 40 Thieves" what was his occupation?
(a) A rug salesman
(b) A camel herder
(c) A wood gatherer
(d) An oil lamp maker/seller
57. In the story of "The Mouse and The Lion" what favor does the mouse do for the lion?
(a) He chews the
ropes of the trap so he can get free
(b) He scares the wife of the hunter to he gets free
(c) He guides the lion at night through the forest
(d) He doesn't do anything. The Lion eats him.
In "Jack and The Beanstalk" when Jack's mother gets sick, what makes
(a) Bean Soup
(b) Music from the Harp
(c) Milk from another new cow
(d) Scrabbled Golden Eggs
59. When Pinocchio went to Toyland with Carlo, rather than go to school, what happened?
(a) His nose grew
(b) His brain turned to wood
(c) He turned into a donkey
(d) He broke Geppeto's heart
60. In "The Tortoise and The Hare" what did the hare do that caused him to lose the race?
(a) He was so
sure of himself that he won, he was lazy
(b) He thought he could just rest and then catch up at the last minute
(c) He ate too much cabbages and fell asleep in the sun
(d) All of the above
All of my questions came from some of the most well-known fairytales presented on the following websites:
Christian Andersen Fairy Tales
Mike's Random Folktales
Miscellaneous Fairy Stories
You might also want to visit our other fairy tale pages.
He's a folklore rather than a fairytale.
But we put the link here too.
Go back to our main Halloween page to see us in previous costumes with trivia fun.
All graphics on this site (still and animated) have our embedded watermark. They are not public domain!
All contents (Graphics and Text) are covered by U.S. Copyright Laws. No reproduction of any kind, downloading, copy, paste, save, etc. is allowed. All rights reserved!
Like Brownielocks on Facebook
Thanks for Visiting. We love you!
Brownielocks' Holidays & Fun For Everyone! © 1999-2018