Brownielocks and The 3
(Please do not steal these trivia questions or submit them to other trivia websites. It took a lot of work. Thanks.)
Love "Dancing With The Stars"? Well how about Dancing With The Bears?
Here we are for Halloween 2009 dressed up as dancers!
Brownielocks is doing Jazz Ballet
|MaMa & PaPa Bear are doing the Jitterbug||Billy is doing his Fred Astaire Tap routine.|
Our Dancing Trivia Game is simple.
After reading the question, just place your mouse OVER the pair of dancers image and the answer will appear.
(It's not a link) No need to change pages.
IF YOU ARE BLOCKING POP-UP ADS, etc.
THIS WILL BLOCK MY ANSWERS FROM SHOWING ALSO!
are 35 questions covering different dances and topics related to dance.
1. What language is used to describe ballet positions and dance techniques?
Tango is said to have originated in the brothels of which South American city?
(a) Buenos Aires
3. This dance, which originated in Trinidad, became very popular at beach parties in the 60's:
(c) Hully Gully
1830, which of the following dances became popular due to these two Austrian
composers, Lanner and Strauss?
5. When dancing the polka, you dance in the following pattern:
Around in a circle
(b) Parallel to other couples
(c) Back and Forth
(d) Anywhere you want as long as you don't bump into another couple.
6. The Charleston dance was very popular in the early 1900's and popularized ragtime jazz music. This dance is named after?
(b) Charleston, S.C.
(c) Port St. Charles, Virgin Islands
(d) Charles Darwin
7. Which of the following automotive men brought square dancing back into society during the 1930's?
Randsom Eli Olds
(b) Louis Chevrolet
(c) Henry Ford
(d) Walter Chrysler
"Lord of the Dance" popularized which dancing style?
(c) Step Dancing
9. Which of the following dances (originated in the late 1920's) is credited with breaking the racial barrier?
(b) Lindy Hop
10. This dance is suppose to resemble a bullfight:
(b) Pasa Doble
(d) Cha Cha
11. The daughter of this famous dancer married Henry Heimlich, who created the Heimlich Maneuver for chocking.
(b) Fred Astaire
(c) Gregory Hines
(d) Mikhail Baryshnikov
12. The best age for someone to begin taking ballet lessons is:
Between 3 to 4 years old.
(b) Between 5 to 7 years old.
(c) Between 8 and 10 years old.
(d) At any age
13. John Phillips Sousa didn't just compose marches. In 1886, at the request of President Chester A. Arthur, he wrote a score for which type of dance?
(c) Viennese Waltz
14. In the early days of the Tango, men would dance with whom to practice?
(b) Their wives
(c) Other men
(d) School girls
15. This country song was a hit in 1992 and is said to have been the catalyst that popularized Line Dancing:
Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
(b) Bubba Shot The Jukebox - Mark Chestnut
(c) Lord Have Mercy on The Working Man - Travis Tritt
(d) Born Country - Alabama
16. Toulouse-Lautrec, the French Impressionist painter, created a lot of posters for the Moulin Rouge cabaret in Paris, in which women were doing what dance that was considered a bit sexually provocative for the time?
(c) Can Can
17. Break Dancing is said to have originated on the streets of which U.S. city:
(b) New York
(c) Los Angeles
18. Which of the following French rulers loved ballet so much, that he/she took part in it?
(b) Catherine de Medicis
(c) Louis XIV
(d) Jean Francois Auguste Moulins
Ballroom dancing comes from the Latin word 'ballare' which means what?
(a) Dance in circles
(b) Round dance floor
(c) To Dance
(d) Round circle of candles to light the room
20. To dosie-do comes from the French word dos-à-dos and is done in such dances as The Virginia Reel, Square Dancing, etc. What does it mean?
dance two by two
(b) To dance in two lines
(c) To dance with two partners
(d) To dance back to back
21. The Minuet comes from the Italian word 'minuetto' and the French word 'menuet' which represent what characteristic?
Louis XIV who was short
(b) The small area which a couple were allowed to dance in
(c) The shortness of the dance (it only lasted a few minutes)
(d) The short steps taken in this dance
22. Michael Jackson is said to have created which dance move?
(c) Jupiter Jump
(d) Pluto Pop-it
23. The Mambo originated in which Central American country?
(d) Costa Rica
24. This painter is well-known for his Impressionist style paintings of ballerinas:
25. Which of the following is NOT a famous school of ballet:
(b) Kirov School
(c) Bolshoi School
(d) Rambert School
26. The Flamenco is often accompanied by which musical instrument?
27. When dancing the Hula, which of the following usually accompanies it:
(d) All of the above
28. Tap dance is said to be a blending of African slave dances and Irish clogging. In the early days, this style of dance became popular in what theatrical setting?
(b) Country Festivals
(c) Minstrel Shows
29. During his reign as President of Cuba, Gerardo Machado banned what dance, claiming that it stirred up the peasants too much?
30. This Muppet is also a toy that can do the Chicken Dance and Hokey Pokey?
Kermit the Frog
(c) Miss Piggy
(d) Big Bird
31. In which city
was the original style of Salsa born?
(a) Havana, Cuba
(b) San Juan, Puerto Rico
(c) New York, NY
(d) Miami, FL
31. The person who creates a dance routine is known as the:
32 Ecnad is what?
(a) A Famous Russian Dance School
(b) A Russian Dance
(c) A Russian Ballet Move
(d) Dance spelled backwards.
33. April 29th is Known As:
(a) International Dance Day
(b) Teach Your Husband To Dance Day
(c) Dance With A Stranger Day
(d) Step On Someone's Toes Day
34. It is believed that this is the world's oldest dance:
(b) Belly Dance
(c) Conga Line
(e) Limbo Stick
35. Pole Dancing is believed to have originated in which country?
(a) United States
Sources for the questions came from the following sites:
History of the Tango
Latin Dance Forever
Street Swing.com - Charleston
StreetSwing.com - Conga
Street Swing.com - Limbo
Street Swing.com - Poka
Arthur Murray - Wikipedia
Minuet - Wikipedia
Break dancing History
Ballroom Dancing - Wikipedia
Polonaise - Wikipedia
Visit our main Halloween page to see us in previous costumes and presentations.
Like Brownielocks on Facebook
Thanks for Visiting. We love you!
Brownielocks' Holidays & Fun For Everyone! © 1999-2021