Brownielocks and The 3 Bears
From the 50's, 60's & 70's
There are 80 questions.
Most of the questions pertain to the lyrics, but there are a few that are a bit different.
It's all done in multiple choice to help you
get the right answer.
We realize a lot of the answers are not commonly known
or on the tip of your tongues.
The answer to the question is embedded in
the spinning record.
Put your cursor over the and the answer will appear.
This is not a Link button!
1. The Beatles first appeared on the Ed Sullivan show on February 9, 1964. On what date was their second appearance?
(a) February 16, 1964
(b) May 24, 1964
(c) July 12, 1964
2. It's still 1964. Which song
won a Grammy in 1964?
(a) "I want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles.
(b) "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals.
(c) "Downtown" by Petula Clark
3. The Drew Carey Show (2nd
Season) used "Five O'Clock World" as their theme song. Which of the
following groups was this a hit for in 1966?
(a) The Vogues
(b) The Ventures
(c) The Virtues
4. In the lyrics to "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys, what is their girlfriend giving them?
(b) Cool Sensations
5. The song, "Little
Honda" was sung by:
(a) The Hondells
(b) The Beach Boys
6. In 1967, Janis Ian had a hit
song called "Society's Child (Baby I've Been Thinking" regarding
inter-racial dating. How old was she when she wrote this?
7. In the group known as "The Village People", which one of the following was not one of their characters?
(b) Fire Fighter
8. Which girl group was the
very first to have a #1 pop hit?
(a) The Chiffons
(b) The Marvelettes
(c) The Shirelles
9. In which U.S. city did the
Beatles play their last concert?
(a) New York
(b) San Francisco
(c) Los Angeles
10. In the lyrics of the song,
"To Know Him Is To Love Him" by The Teddy Bears, what do their friends
say will happen?
(a) He'll leave them one day alone and broken-hearted.
(b) There will come a day when they'll walk along side of him.
(c) They'll wise up and they'll leave him.
11. In the song, "Joy To The World" by Three Dog Night, they have a friend named _______ that is a bullfrog.
12. Jan & Dean sing
"The Little Ol' Lady From Pasadena" who is the terror of what street?
(a) Santa Monica Boulevard
(b) Colorado Boulevard
(c) Cabrillo Boulevard
13. From 1977 to 1979, The Bee Gees had how many consecutive #1 hits?
14. In 1979, this group had a Top 10 hit with "We Are Family."
(a) Sister Sledge
(b) The Pointer Sisters
(c) The Supremes
15. One of the bizarrest songs
written was "MacArthur Park" written by Jimmy Webb. In the
lyrics, what color is the melting
16. Neil Sedaka wrote the song
"Oh! Carol" for this person:
(a) Carol Lombard
(b) Carole King
(c) Carol (His wife)
17. Which of the girl groups
below had 5 consecutive #1 singles:
(a) The Supremes
(b) The Pointer Sisters
(c) Martha & The Vandellas
18. Bill and Hilary Clinton
named their daughter, Chelsea, after
which of the following songs:
(a) Chelsea Dawn
(b) Chelsea Morning
(c) Chelsea Sunset
19.In the song by the Everly
Brothers, "Wake Up Little Susie", what time is it when they ask their
date to wake up?
(b) 1:00 AM
(c) 4:00 AM
20. In the song, "To Sir With Love" sung by LuLu, she is sad because she is:
(a) leaving her best friend
(b) fighting with her father
(c) being dumped by her boyfriend
21. In the song "It's Not Unusual" sung by Tom Jones, what is it that it's not unusual to see him do?
(a) fall in love
22. The Lovin' Spoonful sing "Do You Believe in Magic" in which they claim that music can make you feel just like:
(a) Being in love
(b) An Old-Time Movie
(c) Eating Cotton Candy
23. In the song, "He's So
Fine" by The Chiffons, why do they say he's fine?
(a) Because he's soft-spoken
(b) Because he's so handsome
(c) Because he's rich
24. In the song "I'm A
Believer" sung by The Monkees, what was their philosophy on love?
(a) It happens only once in your life.
(b) It only happens to fools
(c) It happens only in fairy tales
25. The song, "Born To Be
Wild" was a 1968 hit for Steppenwolf.
In the lyrics, how do they take the world?
(a) At full speed.
(b) In a love embrace.
(c) They have a take it or leave it attitude.
26. In 1972 the women's movement had a theme song by Helen Reddy called "I Am Woman." In this song, how do you get wisdom?
(a) Wisdom is handed-down
(b) Wisdom is just female intuition
(c) Wisdom is born of pain
27. On what floor is his apartment in the song "Get Off My Cloud" by The Rolling Stones?
(c) The top floor
28. Leslie Gore sings "It's My Party" in which Judy and Johnny come walking through the door and Judy is wearing what?
(a) Johnny's letter jacket
(b) Johnny's ring
(c) Johnny's class pin
29. In "Going To The
Chapel" by the Dixie Cups, how long do they claim love will last?
(b) The End of Time
(c) Until death
30. In the song, "Popsicles and Icicles" by the Murmaids, they sing about what "he" loves and what "they love. What items below are some of the things "HE" loves?
(a) Levis and Brown Eyes
(b) Baseball and Fancy Clothes
(c) All of these things
31. The song, "The Twelfth of Never" has been recorded by several people, such as Donny Osmond and Johnny Mathis. In the lyrics, how is a heart melted compared to?
(a) Like ice cream in July
(b) Like April snow
(c) Like the polar ice cap
32. Jimmy Gilmer and the
Firewalls sang "Sugar Shack" which is about what?
(a) A soda shop
(b) A candy store
(c) A coffee house
33. Gary Lewis and The Playboys had a hit with a song called "This Diamond Ring." In this song, the ring doesn't shine anymore because?
(a) It's fake
(b) Her love wasn't true
(c) He lost it
34. In 1976, what act topped the charts with the instrumental of "The Fifth of Beethoven?"
(a) The Ventures
(b) Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band
(c) The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
35. In the song, "Book of
Love" in which chapter do you break up?
36. In the song "Ferry Cross the Mercy" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, what do they claim people say to him?
(a) We don't care what your
(b) We won't turn you away.
37. In the song, "Dreams
of the Everyday Housewife" by Glenn Campbell, where is the photo album she
takes out to look at?
(a) In the closet
(b) In the bedroom drawer
(c) In the attic
38. In the song, "Dawn" by The Four Seasons, he tells her to go away because "he's no good" for her. Why is he no good?
(a) He is in jail
(b) He is born on the wrong side of the tracks
(c) He is cheating on her
39. "Calendar Girl"
by Neil Sedaka has something for each month. In what month does she turn sweet
40. In the song,
"California Dreamin'" by the MaMas and the PaPas, which California
town are they dreaming about?
(a) San Francisco
(b) Los Angeles
(c) Santa Monica
41. "A Place In The Sun" by Stevie Wonder, he says that he wants to be like a branch on a tree because?
(a) He's reaching to be seen
(b) He's reaching to grow on
(c) He's reaching to be free
42. The Everly Brothers in the song "All I Have To Do is Dream" can taste her lips. What do they claim they taste like when they dream?
(a) Like sugar
(b) Like wine
(c) Like honey
43. In the song, "Fun, Fun, Fun" by The Beach Boys, she loves to drive her T-bird. And, they claim she makes the Indy 500 look like what?
(a) A chariot race
(b) A turtle race
(c) A soap box derby race
44. In the Beatle's tune, "Eleanor Rigby" who buried her?
(a) Father McCarthy
(b) Father McKenzie
(c) Father McGinty
45. James Taylor sing
"Fire and Rain" about a woman who dies. What is the woman's name?
46. In the Elvis Presley hit, "Return to Sender" how did he send the letter?
(a) First Class
(c) Special Delivery
47. The Beach Boys were originally called:
(a) The Pendletones
(b) The ElCaminos
(c) The California Kids
48. Which of the following acts was the first to perform at Woodstock in 1969?
(a) Joan Baez
(b) Richie Havens
(c) Country Joe and The Fish
49. The group REO Speedwagon was named after what?
(a) A child's little red wagon
(b) A red Porsche
(c) A red truck
50. In 1969, "A Boy Named Sue" won a Grammy for Best Country Song. It was performed by Johnny Cash. But the song was written by a well-known children's book author. Which one of the following children's writer wrote this song?
(a) Theodore Geisel
(b) Shel Silverstein
(c) Bethany Roberts
51. "North To Alaska" is a song about a man named Sam McCord, who is in love with a girl named?
52. In the song, "I Shot The Sheriff" he claims to have shot him in self-defense. What's the sheriff's name?
(a) John Brown
(b) Bubba Brown
(c) Harvey Brown
53. "Precious and Few" was the only hit for the group, Climax. In the lyrics, what do they claim wouldn't be fair?
(a) If love doesn't last.
(b) If family interferes with their relationship
(c) If he can't find his way back home
54. Which of the following singers, was also a secretary at Motown records:
(a) Dianna Ross of the Supremes
(b) Martha Reeves of Martha & The Vandellas
(c) Gladys Knight of Gladys Knight and the Pips
55. The song, "Ringo" was a number one hit for who?
(a) Ringo Starr
(b) Johnny Cash
(c) Lorne Greene
56. Which of the following groups started a campaign called "L.U.V" for Let Us Vote in the late 1960's?
(a) Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart
(b) Jay & The Americans
(c) The American Breed
57. Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels sing, "Devil With A Blue Dress On". What kind of perfume does she wear?
(a) Chanel #5
(b) White Shoulders
(c) Black Magic
58. In the song, "Time Of The Season" by The Zombies, they ask their prospective love-mate?
(a) Have you ever loved before?
(b) Who's your daddy?
(c) Have you ever been unfaithful?
59. In "Travelin' Man" by Ricky Nelson, he's got girls all over! In what Asian port does he have his China Girl?
(c) Hong Kong
60. The Singing Nun had a hit called "Dominique" in 1965. Her real name is Jeanine Deckers. Where is she from?
61. In the song, "My Girl", what month does he say he has when it's cold out?
62. In the song, "More Today Than Yesterday" sung by The Spiral Staircase, what happens when every time he kisses her lips?
(a) His heart starts to flutter
(b) His mind starts to wander
(c) His lips start to quiver
63. Credence Clearwater Revival sing "Bad Moon A Rising" in which they claim to see "earthquakes and lightnin'". But what do they hear?
(a) trees a blowin'
(b) waves a tossin'
(c) hurricanes a blowin'
64. The 5th Dimension sing "Wedding Bell Blues" to a guy named Bill. In what month do they claim they saw his passion eyes?
65. Manfred Mann sings "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" in which he sees the love of his life walking down the street doing what?
(a)Wavin' her hands and winkin'
(b)Snappin' her fingers and shufflin' her feet
(c)Tossin' her hair and smilin' at me.
66. "Saturday Here In The Park" by Chicago states that a man was selling ice cream and singing what kind of songs?
67. "If You Don't Know Me By Now" was sung by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. In this song, they are not getting along. He asks/states, "What good is a love affair when..."
(a) You hang around and then
say bye bye.
(b) All you do is cry.
(c) You can't see eye to eye.
68. "I Only Have Eyes For
You" sung by The Flamingos, he claims to just not see a thing in the sky.
But he also says that he can't tell where they are, such as:
(a) A penthouse or on the beach
(b) A garden or crowded avenue
(c) Atop a mountain or a valley of flowers
69. In the song, "Ballad of the Green Beret" by Sgt. Barry Sadler, he says that 100 men will test to be a green beret, but how many will actually become one?
70. In the song, "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire, he claims that you don't believe in war but you're also doing what?
(a) Voting for it
(b) Supporting the draft
(c) Toting a gun
71. Puff the Magic dragon played with Jackie Paper until he grew up. Once that happened Puff no longer frolicked in the land called Honah Lee and played on what street?
(a) Paddy Lane
(b) Cherry Lane
(c) Candy Lane
72. David Cassidy had a hit called "I Think I Love You." In it he tells her that he loves her and finally in the end asks her what?
(a) Does she love him too?
(b) Will she marry him?
73. Paul Anka had a hit with "Diana". Who was she at the time it was a hit?
(a) His wife
(b) His babysitter
(c) His first girlfriend
74. Wayne Newton's song, "Danke Schoen" stated that they would meet at the picture shows on the second balcony, but which seat did they always sit in?
(a) 5th seat
(b) last seat
(c) 2nd seat
75. Bobby Pickett and Lenny Capizzi wrote "The Monster Mash" which is a popular Halloween song to this day. In this song, who is the first person that starts doing the monster mash?
(a) The scientist in his lab
(b) The monster in his lab
(c) The vampires and ghouls
76. In the song, "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" she went from the locker to the what?
(a) The blanket
(b) The water
(c) The shore
77. In 1958, "The Purple People Eater" hit the top of the charts. What was his purpose in coming to earth?
(a) To eat earthlings
(b) To get in a rock and roll band
(c) To find a girlfriend
78. Chubby Checkers is known
for starting the dance craze "The Twist" with his twist songs. But he
(a) The Locomotion and The Pony
(b) The Jerk and The Boogaloo
(c) All of these
79. Nat King Cole sang the
theme song for which 1950's television show?
(a) 77 Sunset Strip
(b) Route 66
(c) Bourbon Street Beat
80. Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello were very popular in musical beach movies. Their big hit was:
(a) Beach Blanket Bingo
(b) Wacky Beach Bash
(c) Bikini Beach BBQ
Our Midi is "Happy Days"
By Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel
Here are the lyrics if you want to sing along when you're done with the trivia:
Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
Saturday, what a day,
Rockin all week with you.
This day is ours
Won't you be mine. (Oh Happy Days)
This day is ours (Oh Happy Days)
Oh please be mine.
Hello sunshine, goodbye rain,
She's wearing my high school ring on her chain.
She's my steady, I'm her man,
I'm gonna love her all I can.
Gonna cruise her round the town,
Show everybody what I've found
Rock'n'roll with all my friends
Hopin' the music never ends.
These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine (oh Happy Days)
These Happy Days are yours and mine, Happy Days.
Source for questions:
I created a lot of them. Plus I
got some from...
"Rock 'n' Roll Trivia" by Michael Harling
Greystone Books, Douglass & McIntyre Publishing Group © 2002
"Rock Lyrics 50's, 60's & 70's Trivia" by Presley Love
Hi-Lite Publishing Company, Honolulu, Hawaii © 1992
Like this background? Get one for your site!