Loading may be slow due to all the image gifs. Please be patient.
Let me begin by saying that in no way am I promoting or encouraging anything that is satanic or worse by offering these images. I was asked by a Wiccan believer to create a pentacle over a flag. Being a Christian, I had to take time to think and pray about doing it. Then I checked out a couple of reference sites. At this site it clearly states that the Wiccan religion in no way worships satan. Their basic fundamental philosophy is to "harm no one" as you live.
the pentacle is often confused with the pentagram.
In fact, I erroneously labeled these images pentagrams when they are in fact, Wiccan pentacles. The pentagram is like a pentacle, just slightly askew. (The top peak is off to the right or left).
Then I went
on-line and searched for the meaning of the pentacle. It was then that I
discovered that is was a symbol to protect against evil, not for evil. And that
each of the 5 points represented:
(See how the top point is directly north? A pentagram doesn't have a top peak. )
I was also told that Wicca belief states that the color of the pentacle means different things, none of which were evil in my viewpoint. This is why I painted them in the different colors. Unfortunately white on white paper did not work, so I had to paint the white pentagram against black. By doing this I was not intending to be evil. I just wanted it to show up.
Here are the pentacle color properties as I was told:
Black -wisdom, guidance,
I decided to
create the following images for a few reasons.
1. We live in a country that gives each of its citizens religious freedom.
Therefore, I feel Wiccans (or witches) have as much right to feel patriotism for this country as any other religion. Even atheists can love the USA and not a God.
2. The beliefs as I understood them of the Wiccan religion and their love of nature, the sun and moon, over a divine God etc. to me paralleled with a lot of the beliefs of our Native American Indians, who worship more on a nature level than Deity one. And no one considers those to be of evil nature.
3. I went on-line and checked how others did Wiccan backgrounds and clipart. I discovered all of them were done with a dark side tone. And, in some cases I felt literally hi-jacked the Wicca beliefs towards evil erroneously. I mean, if their message is "to harm no one" then why are there so many images connected to it with blood, (as if harming was done), skulls, etc. ? So...
4. I wanted to present a bright side to what others have chosen to perceive as a dark side!
apologize for all this wordiness but I wanted to avoid emails asking me how I
can be a children's site or a Christian and paint pentacles?
I am not a Wiccan. I am not promoting the religion. But as an artist I try to be fair to all sides. I did Jewish images, Christian Images and felt I could do non-satanic pentacles and images for Wiccans. After all, someone has to! ;)
I've found it necessary to place this on all pages.
Many do not enter via the main page. For those that do, I apologize for the redundancy.
PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO MY IMAGES! Download them and put them in your own directory.
|YOU STEAL MY BAND WIDTH!|
1. You must place Our Credit Button on your page; OR, If you use a word link, it has to be legible. I'm discovering sites using my images and NO CREDIT! :(
2. These backgrounds are for personal homepages only (unless written permission is given by me.)
3. They are not to be used for
commercial use or any profit.
4. They are not to be taken from this site and presented on any other internet page of any kind; or redistributed in any way! I've found several of my images on two other watercolor background sites!!! They have been cropped and enhanced but they are still my images. This is a violation of the DMCA!
5. They are not to be altered, edited, overlaid, etc. from their original look and claimed as original works by another. (Remember, I own the originals on paper!) Resizing to fit larger monitors is allowed if done proportionately.
|6. For aesthetic reasons, I did not clutter these up with my name or copyright. But all images (link buttons and files) are embedded with a digital watermark from:|
is now on
All graphics on this site (still and animated) have our embedded watermark. They are not public domain!
All contents (Graphics and Text) are covered by U.S. Copyright Laws. No reproduction of any kind, downloading, copy, paste, save, etc. is allowed. All rights reserved!
Thanks for Visiting. We love
Brownielocks' Holidays & Fun For Everyone! © 1999-2017