|Page 1||Page 2||Page 3||Page 4||Page 5||Page 6|
Loading may be slow due to all the image gifs. Please be patient.
from Previous Page 44
(as part of our Wet and Watery Styles)
Let me explain how I created the name for this group of backgrounds.
I really do not like to put some artsy title to most of my backgrounds.
For example: calling an image say, "Moody Brown Dabs". Why? Because I don't want to influence your creativity on how you use these.
What I might see as moody, you might not.
So I will name them as basic as I can based on their strokes.
I have to be honest. I made these when I was sick with the Flu and bored.
You know how your eyes are too tired to read, watch TV or even be on the
computer? So I decided, "I'll do nice cool watery watercolor
Sounds refreshing when you have a temp of 101.6F right?
After they all dried, I decided I was not up to naming these one by one. As I looked at them, in my feverish mind I thought, "If Japanese Haiku could be visualized as a painting, I think this is what it would be?" For those of you who do not know what Japanese Haiku is, it is a form of poetry that does not rhyme, and yet it does have balance, is lovely and touches our senses. Many of these poems' themes have to do with nature. Because these backgrounds can be used for ANYTHING, I hesitated on naming them "Watercolor Haiku" because they aren't always for nature.
is with total respect to the Japanese, and their Haiku poetry , I chose to name
these images as "Watercolor Haiku".
But you use them as you wish.
like all the Wet, Moist, Puddled, etc. images on Pages 41-44,
a lot of water is used. So, when it dries it creates either ripples which make shading upon scanning, or .... I sometimes used a heavier watercolor paper which is grainier and upon scanning creates it's texture as beige or beige speckles.
No two ripples are the same. So these images are seamless on their pages, but the pages themselves don't line up with matching strokes or ripples top and bottom. There isn't much space between the images from one to another so if words or graphics are placed, I doubt most readers would pay much attention. However, as an option....
images are sized 780x450 in case you want to make them as a fixed background.
(See our Fixed Background Instructions Page for HTML directions.)
More Watercolor Haiku on the next Page 46!
I've found it necessary to place this on all pages.
Many do not enter via the main page. For those that do, I apologize for the redundancy.
PLEASE DO NOT LINK TO MY IMAGES! Download them and put them in your own directory.
|YOU STEAL MY BAND WIDTH!|
1. You must place Our Credit Button on your page; OR, If you use a word link, it has to be legible. I'm discovering sites using my images and NO CREDIT! :(
2. These backgrounds are for personal homepages only (unless written permission is given by me.)
3. They are not to be used for
commercial use or any profit.
4. They are not to be taken from this site and presented on any other internet page of any kind; or redistributed in any way! I've found several of my images on two other watercolor background sites!!! They have been cropped and enhanced but they are still my images. This is a violation of the DMCA!
5. They are not to be altered, edited, overlaid, etc. from their original look and claimed as original works by another. (Remember, I own the originals on paper!) Resizing to fit larger monitors is allowed if done proportionately.
|6. For aesthetic reasons, I did not clutter these up with my name or copyright. But all images (link buttons and files) are embedded with a digital watermark from:|
is now on
All graphics on this site (still and animated) have our embedded watermark. They are not public domain!
All contents (Graphics and Text) are covered by U.S. Copyright Laws. No reproduction of any kind, downloading, copy, paste, save, etc. is allowed. All rights reserved!
Thanks for Visiting. We love
Brownielocks' Holidays & Fun For Everyone! © 1999-2017